Return

 

Bagdad First

Assembly of God

BAGDAD VILLAGE HISTORIC DISTRICT

NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES    -    SANTA ROSA COUNTY, FL 

 Bagdad First

Assembly of God

 

In 1924, Bagdad First Assembly of God was officially recognized as one of Northwest Florida’s earliest churches.  Its origins in Bagdad can be traced to an early Holiness group called the “Sanctified People.”  The majority of these folks relocated to California around 1920 leaving behind a small remnant which continued the Pentecostal and Holiness style of worship in Bagdad.

 

The members first congregated in an old wooden  tabernacle  nearby  on  Garcon Point Road.  They acquired their present location from the First Baptist Church in 1927.  On this site stood a wooden building which would later receive a brick facade. It  served  as  the  church  until  1982 when  a modern  octagon-shaped  sanctuary was built. The church has again expanded adding a Family Life Center.

Bagdad   First   Assembly   of   God   hosts   a multitude  of  events  throughout  the  year including  their  popular  fish  fries.   All  are invited to  come  and  worship  in  a  place  full  of  'loving, living, and sharing Jesus Christ'. Visit their page at www.facebook.com/bagdadfirstassembly/.

4513 Forsyth St., Bagdad, FL  32530 

Pastors Bruce & Pam Chambers

850-623-8906

Top