Bagdad Mill Site Kayak Launch
Tampa Landing Boat Launch
Bagdad Boat Ramp
Tampa Landing Boat Launch – Nicknamed the 'Shell Pile', Tampa Landing is located at 4566 Water St in the Village of Bagdad. This launch offers deep entry into the Blackwater River for boat trailers as well as smaller craft. There are two launch pads with a finger pierallowing easy access for loading and unloading of gear.
A portable toilet is located at the north end next to a sizable picnic shelter. The "City of Tampa", a steam-powered ferry carrying passengers to and from Pensacola, landed at this site twice a day; thus the name, Tampa Landing.
Another sheltered picnic area known as the Ollinger Bruce Pocket Park is located at the south end adjoining the boat launch. Along these shores, some of the remnant pilings can be seen from the former Ollinger Bruce Shipyard and their Sectional Dry Docks. The Company built several vessels here for the Confederacy. While awaiting delivery, all of them were destroyed under the orders of General Braxton Braggs and carried out by Lt. Colonel Beard. This is known as "Beard's Raid" which occurred March 10th -14th in 1862.